This article covers the life story of Tweaky Dave, a home man who grew up and lived on the streets of Los Angeles. Tweaky Dave’s real-life story was written by Jim Goldberg in a book titled “Raised by Wolves”. But is Tweaky Dave still alive? Read on for more on that.
A Short Story About Jim Goldberg
Jim Goldberg is an American photographer and artist who was born in 1953. Jim has won numerous honors for his outstanding work, including the Henri Cartier-Bresson Award, three fellowships from the National Endowment for the Arts, and a Guggenheim Fellowship.
Goldberg has been a professor emeritus at the California College of the Arts and a member of the Magnum Photos agency since 2002.
For more than seven years, Jim Goldberg chronicled the lives of drug users, prostitutes, and panhandlers; he not only shared their images but also wrote about them and expressed his thoughts.
Tweaky Dave Real Story
Tweaky Dave’s Wikipedia page does not exist, but according to Jim Goldberg, he is from Los Angeles, California, and grew up on the streets as a homeless person.
The author of the book, Jim Goldberg, met Dave after spending several years documenting the lives of homeless children in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
His views of the chaotic life on the streets served as the inspiration for the novel “Raised by Wolves.” The Washington Post referred to the book as “A heartbreaking novel with photos” because it contains pictures, sketches, snapshots, conversational snippets, and handwritten notes.
Tweaky Dave used to live on the streets of Los Angeles and was a drug addict and male prostitute. He made an appearance on the Jerry Springer Show between 1991 and 1992, during which he discussed various aspects of his life.
Tweaky while on the show stated that his father shot him in the stomach and left him to die. However, Jim Goldberg added it might not be true because he was an addict.
Is Tweaky Dave Still Alive Or Dead?
Tweaky Dave is not alive, he died in a Los Angeles hospital in 1993 as a result of liver disease and drug abuse according to Jim Goldberg’s book, “Raised by Wolves”.
According to the book, when he was dying, he asked his father to bring James Brown, Cher, and Stephen King to his funeral.
9 Untold Story About Tweaky Dave
- Tweaky Dave was a homeless man who grew up and lived on the streets.
- Before his passing one and a half years later, he made a television appearance on the Jerry Springer show.
- He said his father shot him, which may or may not be true because of his drug addiction.
- Tweaky Dave was a male prostitute and drug addict.
- Tweaky Dave passed away by himself in a Los Angeles hospital after suffering from illness and drug abuse.
- Tweaky Dave died in 1993.
- Tweaky Dave was never married.
- Tweaky Dave did not have AIDS, he died from liver disease.
- Is Tweaky Dave still alive? No, he died in 1993.